Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Julep Glycolic Hand Scrub

Pin It

I joined the Julep Maven program earlier this month. In the American Beauty welcome box, there were two pretty, pastel nail polishes and the Julep Facial For Hands Glycolic Hand Scrub. I thought that the hand scrub would be an acceptable exfolliant, but it is wonderful. During the first week after receiving the hand scrub, I used it every day. I have since begun using it only once a week on manicure day so that the scrub will last longer.

When you use a small amount in your hand, the little exfoliating pieces are not so plentiful that they would rough up the skin too much. The exfoliant pieces are also a bit smoother than other exfoliating scrubs I tried. I gently rub my moist hands together for about half a minute and then rinse. It is amazing how soft my hands feel after using this scrub and I've even noticed that they feel smoother than usual for two to three days after use.

My one little gripe about the product is that it has a tendency to get a little watery. I have to shake the tube before opening it or else several drops of liquid leak out and get all over my counter.

As if the smooth results weren't reason enough to love the hand scrub, it is also free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. When I was pregnant, I tried to cut those items out of my life as often as possible and have been much more aware of their presence in cosmetics since then.

If you are interested in becoming a Julep Maven, get the info right here and take the quiz to determine your Julep style. Use the code SHAREONMARCH to get your welcome box (most of which contains the Facial For Hands Glycolic Hand Scrub) for a penny. You can cancel your Maven membership without obligation or penalty. In the interest of full disclosure, if you use that link to become a Julep Maven, I get a credit that can result in my receiving free Maven boxes.

Have you used the Julep Glycolic Hand Scrub? Did you like it?

~Alexis