Thursday, March 22, 2012

St. Patrick's Nails: Not quite a week later

Pin It

Let me begin by apologizing again. I'm sorry; I know that I promised a weekly manicure and the wear and tear of the week, but St. Patrick's Day nails went out of style on Sunday, so the polish came off on Monday. That was the longest I could bear it. I wanted to keep my finger on the pulse of nail polish fashion, so my nails are now clothed in other springtime colors that you may have seen earlier. I hope you'll forgive me.

As I mentioned on St. Patrick's Day, this manicure was a bit of a bear. The base color is Sinful Colors San Francisco. It looks gorgeous in the bottle, but application is very sheer and streaky. It also took a very long time to dry. I normally don't ding up my nail polish, but this manicure had dings and dents on about five fingers!

I wanted to stamp some clovers onto the polish, but I had a hard time getting it to come out in a pleasing way, so I scrapped that idea and then tried to use a dotting tool to create clovers. That was a disaster, so I removed it too. I finally just topped the green polish with two coats of China Glaze Luxe and Lush. Luxe and Lush saved this manicure from ending up on an acetone soaked piece of cotton on day one. I love how it sparkled like gold chunks on my nails.

I finished waxing the door while wearing this manicure and it bore the labor well. I removed the polish after wearing it for about three days and there was only a tiny bit of tip wear and the teeniest of chips on my left middle finger. The removal of Luxe and Lush was much less difficult than I anticipated. It required a little soak, but came off the nail completely.

Next week, I'll tell you how my springy stamped nail art performed; I am going to try to make the spring manicure last longer than usual because I am still loving it four days after application. Happy spring!
The Nail Files


~Alexis