Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Wine-Tasting Fairy Princess

Pin It



Hello. I hope that you all are doing well today. I have lots of pictures for you today. I was wearing this really fun manicure for a really fun wine-tasting bachelorette party. I love the little grapes on the shimmery background of Sonia Kashuk Fairy Princess. Fairy Princess was a very thick and hard to apply. I actually got frustrated and added three drops of nail polish thinner to the bottle and that fixed the application problems completely, but you can see my middle finger in the picture above is not as smooth as I would have liked. The middle finger was painted before thinning the polish and the ring finger was painted after thinning the polish. I added a coat of Melissa to my ring fingers which just gave a bit of a frosty, shimmery green finish to those nails.

I stamped all nails with bornprettystore plate m71, a floral pattern in Revlon Minted and stamped over that with the grape pattern from bornprettystore plate M71 using Revlon ColorStay Amethyst and Sally Hansen Emerald City. I have been very pleased with the performance of ColorStay polishes for stamping lately.


With my nails ready to face a day full of wineries, I hit the road with a bunch of my favorite girls. I loved the view from this winery, the grape vines and then the lake in the background. It was an absolutely beautiful day in every way!
Noble Winery, Westfield, NY
I removed the polish after five days of wearing it, one day after the wine tour. You can see that there is one big chip on the middle finger and some chipping on my index finger, but the manicure quickly deteriorated after taking this picture. I spent the day at the beach, finding sea glass in the sand with my daughter.
Day 5

Sunset at Lake Erie
I am wearing a very traditional, pretty manicure right now, Julep Kelly. It is pretty beat, so I'll post about it in a day or two.

Join the Nail Files link-up and check out what's going on other fingers.
The Nail Files

What do you think of coordinating your manicure with a special event or holiday? If you've done it, what was the event and what did your manicure look like?

~Alexis