Monday, July 23, 2012

Lex Cosmetics Tuileries with Stamping

Pin It

Lex Cosmetics Tuileries was part of my Mother's Day gift that I just got around to trying. I wore it to my friend's wedding and it looked elegant, just a little flashy, and super feminine. I really loved this polish even without the stamping, but I had been planning this manicure for weeks, so it was stamped.



It was also the first time that I used this particular stamping plate. To me, the grooves in this plate seemed the perfect depth. I loved the vining floral. I used Sinful Colors Folly which is a really excellent polish for stamping. Please forgive my really messy picture. I meant to take another picture once my hands were all cleaned up, but I completely forgot.



So, here is my chippy manicure, seven days later. I actually started to see the polish starting to pull up and wanting to peel on day three. I used Seche Vite topcoat, thinking that maybe if I tried it again, I would change my mind about it and love it. I still don't love it, but it was super shiny. As is always the case for me though, it began to pull the nail polish away from the nail, shrinking. I think that is why I experienced such bad chipping.


What do you think of Tuileries? Did the stamping work?

Have a great week!

~Alexis