Sunday, August 5, 2012

Nfu Oh Jelly Sandwich

Pin It Hello lovelies! Before I get started, I would like to ask you a favor. I am crazy for the Olympics. I love watching the US athletes, but more than that, I love the fact that so many of the world's athletes join together and share their talents and abilities. I know that I have some followers from other countries as well as from the USA. If you have done a manicure honoring your home country during the Olympics, would you consider sending me a photo? I would love to share some of those manicures on here before the closing ceremony. If I receive any pictures, I would make the post on Friday, August 10, so please send pictures by Thursday, August 9. Please just tell me how to credit your photograph. Send to lexissarah (at) gmail (dot) com. Thanks so  much. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done!




This manicure was inspired by a beautiful Nfu Oh jelly sandwich by the Swatchaholic. I love how all the layers show through and how using Nfu Oh JS-24 transformed the colors of both the base color and the second layer, a crackle polish.

I started off with  one layer of Orly Gorgeous. I then added a layer of China Glaze Cracked Medallion crackle polish, one coat of Orly Can't Be Tamed from the Glam FX collection. I finished the manicure with two coats of Nfu Oh JS-24. Can you see all those layers?


Seven days later and about typical chipping for me, maybe slightly better than usual. I expected more chipping with so many layers of polish though, so I was pleasantly surprised.

What do you think of jelly sandwich manicures? What has been your favorite part of the London Olympics? I love seeing people winning for the very first time, especially if they weren't favorited to win.

Enjoy the week.
~Alexis