Friday, November 30, 2012

The perfect Surprise Gift: A manicure

Pin It
 Hello ladies! I know that this manicure is a little unusual; I hope that it tells you a story about gifts, which is the theme for Nail Polish Canada's holiday challenge this week. I was trying to think about what the perfect Christmas gift would be for me this year and then I realized that there was nothing that I really wanted. However, to me, the perfect gift is born out of someone realizing what I want before I do, keeping it secret (while saying, "You are going to love this!"), wrapping it beautifully and then when Christmas morning arrives, seeing that beautiful wrapping paper scattered all over the floor, and being filled with gratefulness (and giving hugs and kisses).



Here's what I did for this manicure, painted index with 2 coats of China Glaze Call of the Wild and stamped with Gals Cosmetics stamp GA47 in Orly Softest White. The middle finger was painted with 3 coats of Cult Nails Coveted and stamped with GA27 in Revlon Gold Coin. The ring finger had two coats of Revlon Walnut, was stamped with GA46 in Call of the Wild and had Orly Softest White and Cult Nails Coveted applied with plastic wrap. Then those splotches of wrapping paper were stamped with a little bit of Gold Coin. My pinkies have two coats of Softest White and are stamped with BM-303 in Sinful Colors Folly.


 I absolutely LOVE the wrapping paper nail. I want gift wrap like that! Go over to Nail Polish Canada and check out the other great gift manicures. If you enjoy my manicure, feel free to vote for it under "other." What is your favorite kind of gift or what's in your letter to Santa?





So, this just arrived today, my Black Friday purchase. It was not in my letter to Santa, but I had been dreaming about Enchanted Polish Austin Powers for quite some time and I saw a gorgeous swatch of Hare Polish The Sky was Pink on The Nail Polish Project and decided that I had to have it! Austin Powers can be purchased for $13 (when it is actually in stock) from Llarowe and The Sky was Pink is actually on sale for $9. I will show swatches of these beauties very soon!


Check out this week's Nail Files and maybe join the link-up yourself. Thanks for reading!

~Alexis