Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Bubo Nails: The Most Bling Owl Ever

Pin It


Hi everyone. I am participating in Polish Days for the first time ever today! So exciting! When I saw that the theme for this Polish Days was Bling, I don't know why, but my mind went immediately to Bubo the owl from the 1981 film, "Clash of the Titans."
Don't know who Bubo is? This tells as much as you need to know for the manicure:

C'mon a golden owl forged by the gods of Mount Olympus? It doesn't get much more blingtastic than that!
For this manicure, I painted 3 coats of Orly Buried Alive and on my index and middle fingers. On my ring finger is one coat of Sinful Colors Pinky Glitter topped with 2 coats of Sally Hansen Strobe Light. Over my index and middle fingers I stamped Sonia Kachuk Golden Ticket and Pure Ice Silver Mercedes using BM-309. I dotted the owls' eyes with China Glaze Ruby Pumps. I stamped over the ring finger with Buried Alive. I placed a large dot of Strobe Lights on my pinky and stamped over that dot with Silver Mercedes for a sparkly diamond effect.
Below are a couple of closeups. Enjoy.
So, are there any cheesy movies that you consider guilty pleasures? What would you do for a "bling" manicure? Check out the other bling manis too! Or even better, link your own bling manicure.