Monday, December 31, 2012

Favorite Polishes of 2012

Pin It

Happy New Year! To ring in the new year, I wanted to share my favorite polishes of the past year. This is not in order of my favorites; I love them all. So without further ado, my top 10 polishes of the year, followed by my absolute favorite nail polish acquisition of 2012.

China Glaze Harvest Moon. For years I searched for the perfect copper nail polish. I finally found it in Harvest Moon.
a-england Dragon a-england gave us some gorgeous polishes in 2012 and amongst the most beautiful is Dragon. The formula is perfection and it has such a pretty holographic finish.
Sinful Colors Cinderella What a surprise this polish was! So inexpensive and beautiful. And it is the perfect nail polish match to Cinderella's gown.
Lex Cosmetics Tuileries. Delicate and flashy at the same time. It has a great blend of glitters and an almost girly sheerness. It is a rather whimsical nail polish.
a-england Saint George. Another perfect application. While I love Dragon, I think that Saint George is just the tiniest bit better. The holographic halo is a bit more pronounced.


Cult Nails Bitten. I could have put every single polish from the Behind Closed Doors collection on this list. I decided on Bitten because it really seems like fireworks flash within the polish.
Lime Crime Lavendairy It is crazy that this was Lime Crime's first venture into nail polish creation. The polish applied so easily, so evenly, and is such a delicious confectionery color.
Illamasqua Nomad. Such an unusual color! This polish is so bold and fun to wear.
Julep Audrey. When I want to have an elegant, delicate, feminine manicure, I think first of this pink polish. The glass flecks just take the polish over the edge, making it something truly special.
China Glaze Riveting. Never in a million years did I imagine that I would fall so in love with an orange nail polish. This is like the most gorgeous campfire glowing on my nails. This is from another collection from which I had a number of loves, but Riveting wins the crown, no question.

And finally, the nail polish that I choose to set above the others, Enchanted Polish Austin Powers. I wanted this polish so badly and when it found its way onto my fingers it was even more beautiful than I could imagine. What makes this polish my favorite polish of the year is that I could top any of my other favorites with it and be sure to have a beautiful manicure.
So, there it is. Are there any polishes on my list that you wouldn't have expected? What are your favorite polishes of 2012? What are some polishes that you missed out on this year? For me, China Glaze Running in Circles, Happy Hands Motherboy, and Orly Decade of Dysfunction are my top misses.

Hey, please take a look at my Nail Polish Stash tab above and let me know of any polishes that I haven't shown you yet that you would like to see featured in the near future. Thanks!

Enjoy gorgeous nail polishes in the coming year!
~Alexis