Sunday, December 23, 2012

Last Christmas Mani of 2012

Pin It

Hello lovelies! I have to get my house in order for family who will be over on Christmas, so I'll keep this short. I wanted to share with you my last Christmas manicure. I hadn't used China Glaze Ruby Pumps for any holiday manicures yet and in my book, that is a Yuletide crime. So, here is my Ruby Pumps Christmas mani. Sadly, it did not last long. I used Elmer's glue as the basecoat, hoping to get 2 days of wear and it began to chip in less than 24 hours. You can see my messy patches on the index and middle fingers.




I wore 3 thin coats of Ruby pumps on thumbs, index, and middle fingers. 3 coats of China Glaze Unpredictable were on my ringer fingers, and two coats of Revlon Gold Coin were on my pinkies. I stamped Ruby Pumps with Gals GA33 in Gold Coin. I stamped a bow onto Unpredictable, but it didn't show up very well, so I hand painted the bows. I used a matte topcoat on the pinkies for a different texture.

I liked how the red nails looked like fancy wrapping paper and that Unpredictable is a festive green, but isn't the kind of green you might expect in a Christmas manicure . . . I could make a joke about its unpredictability, but I'll just mention that I considered making the joke and leave it at that. 

I'm not wearing holiday nails anymore; I wanted something different. What about you? Are you ready to leave the red and green, and snowflakes alone for another 11 months?

Time to go clean. I'd much rather stay here and gush about more nail polish, but for some reason, the cats have not learned to wash dishes, so I have to do it.

Merry Christmas!
~Alexis