Friday, December 7, 2012

Silver, Gold, and Precious Memories to Trim the Tree

Pin It

Happy Friday! What I have here is my last manicure for Nail Polish Canada's challenges. This is my entry for "Trim the Tree Nails" (be sure to check out the other manicures and vote for your favorite! If my mani is your fave, thanks and vote for "Other" and specify "Mangling my Manicure." My site was supposed to be added to the pulldown menu, but I think that it got lost in the shuffle). Here is my inspiration from my very own Christmas tree.
I LOVE my Christmas ornaments. My parents gave my sisters and I a new ornament every year, culminating with a tree topper for the Christmas of my senior year in high school. The wooden bell was a souvenir that my parents brought home from a trip to Israel. I have started the same tradition with my own daughter. The crystal Winnie the Pooh hanging a snowflake was her very first Christmas ornament and the penguin ringing a bell was from her second Christmas. Every year, we pull out each of our ornament boxes, and she looks at the ornaments in her collection while I look at those in my box and remember all the Christmases I have spent with those I love. I am so excited for her to be able to do the same thing when she is an adult (but I don't want to rush to those wonderful days in her future).



So, enough of my getting teary. Let me tell you about the manicure. Index, middle, and pinkie nails have 3 thin coats of China Glaze Cranberry Splash. I thought that this shimmery polish with its metallic finish would have a brushstroky application, but I was happily surprised by the wonderful application. The ring finger is two coats of Pure Ice Silver Mercedes topped with Zoya Gilty, the beautiful, chunky 18K gold topcoat.


I stamped index and middle fingers with Sinful Colors Tokyo Pearl, which gives an almost embossed looking finish to Cranberry Splash. Those fingers were then lightly decorated with red glitter, because glass ornaments like that are ALWAYS coated in glitter. The ring finger was stamped with Cranberry Splash and decorated with China Glaze Ruby Pumps. And the pinkie was the tree topper in Silver Mercedes, which will be my new go-to silver stamping polish.

I used stamping plates from Gals Cosmetics, GA31 and GA41 and BM318, BM320, and Bornprettystore m37.

So, are you wearing holiday nails right now? When do you start dressing up your nails for the winter festivities?



So, check out the Nail Files. It is lots of fun to check out the color lusts and great manicures. Enjoy your weekend. I'm going to bake cookies with my daughter, so messy fun!


Take care.
~Alexis