Saturday, January 5, 2013

China Glaze Desert Sun with Julep Mystery Glitter

Pin It


Hi there. Are you having a good weekend so far? I wanted to show you this quick little mani that I wore for two days. I planned for it to be a full glitter manicure, but after seeing this glitter polish on the nail, I decided that it would be better as an accent nail.
The colors from this mani were inspired by this beautiful manicure. The colors of my manicure is quite different, but I thought it had a similar feel about it.



On my nails are two coats of China Glaze Desert Sun. This is like a punch of pureed pumpkin. As always, the pictures with white in the background are much more true to color. I love how the other lighting shows off glitters, but it really throws all the colors off. I don't think I'm going to use it anymore except when I need to show you how much something really sparkles.



While the color of this photo is more yellow than it should be, you can see how amazingly smooth Desert Sun went on my nails. The photo above was taken without a topcoat too.


The Julep mystery glitter didn't show a lot of sparkle; I think the opaque glitter may have masked some of the sparkle.


As I said, Desert Sun was completely smooth after application, so those bubbles in the picture above are completely the fault of my rapidly thickening topcoat. That glitter has metallic medium sized flecks of silver and orange and then loads of opaque black glitter. It seemed more like a glitter that would have been released in the beginning of autumn. I think it coordinated well with the rusty pumpkin color of Desert Sun though.


Isn't that mystery glitter crazy? That is only one coat. It is super packed with glitter. As I mentioned earlier, I planned to cover the entire manicure with it, but after seeing how dense it was, I decided that it would work better for accent nails in this manicure. Do you think it would have worked well as a full manicure or did I make the right decision? I'm not quite sure if I like this glitter and I normally love glitter polish. What do you think of this addition to Julep's collection?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
~Alexis