Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love Manicure with Orly Guilded Coral and Stamping

Pin It

Last Love Manicure for Valentine's Day, but of course I'm not done with love. Lulu of Lulu in Greece requested that I show Orly Guilded Coral from the Spring 2011 Precious Collection. Thank you so much Lulu; I forgot how much I like this polish.



Before I start on the nails, I just want to say, because it is Valentine's Day, a day to gush like a pathetic sap about love, I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband who is supportive of my endeavors and helps me stand up when I am frustrated, exhausted, and completely miserable. When he's at his best, he lets me lie down when I am frustrated, exhausted and completely miserable and he picks up the slack for me, then he forces me to get back up again. As if that didn't make me lucky enough, I have a sweet little daughter who contributes to my exhaustion, but also invigorates me and makes me smile and laugh every single day. So this is a tribute to them.

On my nails, you can see two medium coats of Guilded Coral. Application of Guilded Coral is very smooth and I love the Orly bottle with its rubberized cap. The polish is a pure peach color with sunny flashes of gold shimmer. It is actually loaded with gold shimmer, so much that the polish sometimes looks a bit more like a girly orange than a pinky peach color.

While I love the polish, I wasn't quite sure how much I liked it by itself. With the gold shimmer, it was just a little too yellow next to my already yellowish skin.


I stamped over Guilded Coral using what seems to be everyone's favorite stamping plate for Valentine's Day, BM-311. It is my favorite plate for Valentine's Day too! I stamped the ring finger with China Glaze Prey Tell and thumb, index, and middle fingers with BM-317 in China Glaze Purr-fect Plum. Isn't it weird? Prey Tell is a burgundy and Purr-fect Plum is a deep berry color, but they look exactly the same color stamped on the nail. They looked so similar that I started to think that I must not have actually switched bottles while stamping.




I really loved how the stamping color played off Guilded Coral. It made it look more like a perfectly ripe peach, with the golden pink skin and then the red flesh that formed around the pit. Oh, it makes me long for summer!


Finally, for my pinkie, I painted two coats of Purr-fect Plum and topped that with Sinful Colors I Love You. Of course, I had to use a polish named I Love You.

I think this may be my favorite Love Manicure of 2013, just because of how well the polishes worked together. What do you think of this manicure? And have any of you used the stamp I used from BM-317 and gotten good results? I had a really hard time getting the full image to show up and gave up.

While Orly Guilded Coral is gorgeous, I don't know if you can buy it anywhere now. It is too bad because it is wonderful. If you know a shop that carries it, please let me know and I can update here. Thanks.

Check out new and old favorite polishes and manicures at the Nail Files.



Well, happy Valentine's Day.
~Alexis