Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Polish Days: Back to Nature

Pin It



It seems like January Polish Days just happened. The month just flew by! It is now February's Polish Day and here is my nature inspired manicure.

This post is loaded with pictures; I couldn't pick. For this manicure, I started with two coats of Revlon ColorStay Bare Bones on index and middle fingers. Once dry. I sponged a gradient of Bare Bones and Julep Dakota. I then painted a layer of INM Out the Door. While the topcoat was still wet, I placed dried flowers from bornprettystore on the nails. I topped the flowery nails with three coats of Gelous and a final coat of INM OTD. It made a smooth finish, but was a little bubbly.


The other fingers were painted with two coats of Julep Ginger, a gorgeous, sand colored polish with flashes of rosy pink and bits of green and gold. It has really nice coverage and a scattered holographic effect that is a little bit like a-england Dragon. Ginger's holographic effect is not as strong as Dragon's though. It dries quickly, but not as quickly as most other holographic polishes I've worn.


Once dry, I stamped the holographic nails with Gals stamping plate GA35 using a blens of Julep colors Dakota and Laura. I stamped once more with just Laura for a full picture of the foliage of that stamping plate. Laura is a fabulous stamping polish. It seems a little thin, but is well pigmented and creates an earthy green that worked really well against the purple flowers.


I didn't feel like a topcoat dramatically diminished Ginger's holographic flash. Like many other holographic polishes, wear time was a little short, a bit shorter than I'd like, if I'm being honest. It began to chip at two days.


The picture above is in direct sunlight without topcoat and shows the flashes of pink, green, and gold pretty well.


The final closeup. I love how the flowers look like they are encased in a clear glass. Below, was the original manicure, stamped the Revlon ColorStay Amethyst. For some reason, the manicure didn't seem to pull together like that. I think it worked much better with the dark green.

Did you do a nature inspired manicure? What did you think of this Back to Nature manicure?

Don't forget to stop by my giveaway!

Take care.
~Alexis