Saturday, February 2, 2013

Skittles! Marbled and Stamped

Pin It

Hi all. I've done a couple of skittlette manicures, but I've never shared a true skittles manicure on here. Today I remedy that. It has been very cold and grey around here and a colorful manicure was in order.


Prior to cleanup, sorry for the mess.
 I started out by painting all my nails and allowing them to dry. Thumb was about 4 coats of Illamasqua Load (I love that polish, but it is finicky and doesn't like to give even, non-streaky coverage without a ton of coats). Index fingers had two coats of Julep Renee which is the exact opposite of Load, almost a one coater and super easy to apply. Middle fingers are two coats of China Glaze For Audrey. Ring fingers are covered in 4 coats of Sinful Colors Easy Going which applies very similarly to Load, but is a bit thicker. Finally, the pinkies had three coats of Sonia Kashuk Fairy Princess.

I then saran wrap marbled all the nails, thumbs with Sinful Colors Let's Meet, index fingers with Revlon Plum Attraction, middle fingers with Revlon Royal, ring fingers with Julep Eva, and pinkies with Sinful Colors San Francisco. San Francisco is pretty sheer and didn't give as good a marbled effect as the other colors

I liked the look of the saran wrap skittles, but I wanted it to look a bit more cohesive, so I stamped all the nails with Zoya Purity using BM-315 and to further pull everything together, I added a couple of dots of Nfu Oh 61 for a rainbow holographic effect.

I actually like this manicure a lot, but I used a peel off basecoat, so it lasted 3 and a half days before chipping. My husband and friends said that it looked like I had Easter egg fingernails and yeah, I think they were right. I'm just ahead of the times with the Easter mani, that's all.


So, I'm entering this manicure in Sincerely Stephanie's Skittles contest. There are some fantastic entries there already and tons more time left to enter the contest. Check it out! I am so thankful to Stephanie for having an amazing contest like this. I love doing nail polish challenges with other polish enthusiasts.


So what do you think of skittles manicures? Do you consider this a pretty traditional skittles manicure? If you were to do a skittles manicure today, what colors would you use? While I'm at it, don't forget to enter my Blogiversary giveaway!

Have a great weekend.
~Alexis