Wednesday, September 18, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Half Moons

Pin It

Hello again! Day 18 of the 31 Day Challenge is half moons. I've never done traditional half moons before, so I wanted to try a fairly traditional version.




I like these a lot, but I agree with the general consensus that they are prettier on oval shaped nails. However, I was not going to change my nail shape for a one day manicure. Call it a lack of devotion to the process if you must.



I painted one coat of Savvy Pink Flash which is shimmery and sheer. I then free hand painted three coats of Cult Nails Bitten with rounded cutouts at the base of my nail. Topcoat and go. I think Bitten's shimmer gives this a more modern look without departing too far from the 1930's inspired style.

What do you think? Do you like half moon manicures?



See some other half moons. There are some really fun bold ones down there. See you tomorrow.
~Alexis