Tuesday, September 10, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Gradient

Pin It

I modified my rainbow manicure to create this gradient. As I said yesterday, I wanted to do something a little different than the traditional sponged gradient mani.


The picture above shows the manicure before I added a coat of Glitter Daze Birthday Cupcake. The gradient looks better, in my opinion, with the addition of that milky glitter (shown in the top photo). It also was quite festive since yesterday was my daughter's 6th birthday.

I used VERY thin small strokes of the polishes shown above to create a brushstroke gradient manicure. I think this could work out quite well for gradients and would like to try it again in the future.
If you have any questions about the polishes or techniques I used, please feel free to ask in the comments. Until tomorrow, take care.
~Alexis