Friday, November 8, 2013

a-england Briarwood Skittlette

Pin It

Hello all. No challenges today, just a fabulous polish. This was my first true autumn manicure of the season.


I wore a-england Briarwood during the 31 day challenge, but it is a crime to wear this polish for only one day. So, in October I wore this manicure for six days with only the usual tip wear on the Briarwood nails. The ring finger is painted with Sonia Kashuk Golden Ticket and stamped with Briarwood. I was actually unimpressed with this polish for stamping. I will try again over a different base color because this could have just been a poor match for stamping, but it was quite difficult to see the stamping. I had to add dots to make the stamping more prominent. Pinky has two medium coats of Julep Lucy and is stamped with Golden Ticket. This was supposed to be a variation of my Saint George skittlette, but was less successful because Briarwood stamping didn't show up as well. I will try it again though with dotting or stripes because I liked the look of these polishes together.


I was actually pretty impressed with Lucy too. It is a very buildable oxblood shade. It starts a little sheer and thin, but builds up so that it looks nice and squishy.


I had a ton of fun doing the Disney villains challenges last month, but I'm going to take a short break from challenges and just do a couple of manicures that thrill me with only the instructions of my whims. 

So what do you think of this gold and burgundy look? What are your favorite autumn shades?

Have a great weekend!
~Alexis