Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pantone Colors of 2013 and 2014 nails

Pin It
Happy new year! This year, my new year's manicure is pretty similar to last year, but I have a good reason for that . . . Apparently last year I was ahead of the times, wearing Lime Crime Lavendairy. Pantone has named Radiant Orchid their 2014 Color of the Year. Seeing as New Year's Eve is a last hurrah for 2013 and a welcome party for 2014, I decided to wear the colors of both years.


This is two coats of Julep Alice with Cult Nails Love at First Sight applied with Saran wrap to capture Radiant Orchid. I then applied a glitter gradient using my 2013 color Emerald, Orly Glam FX Mermaid Tale. And to add a little bit more to the party, I dabbed on OPI Which is Witch?


I very seldom wear Mermaid Tale but it is lovely and needs to make it into rotation more even though the year of emerald is over.

Well, as you can probably tell from my 10:30 posting, I don't have big party plans tonight, just the sparkle on my nails and babysitting nieces and nephews tonight, but the hubby and I plan to open a nice Proseco when we get home and ring in the new year! 

I hope you all have (or had, for my readers in earlier time zones) a spectacular new year. May this coming year be filled with many joys and beautiful nails.

I apologize for this, but it is necessary:  See you next year!

~Alexis