Saturday, June 27, 2015

To Kill a Mockingbird inspired

Pin It



I had a very hard time creating a manicure for To Kill a Mockingbird. I love the book so much, but I wasn't sure how to represent that love. I reread the novel in March and throughout the reading, I said to my husband over and over just how astounded I was by how good it was, a perfect blend of heart and humor. 





So many of the pivotal moments in the book take place at night, so I used a moonlit background and tried to capture the family's neighborhood in the stamped images.

This book is just as beautiful now as it was, the first time I read it, about 26 years ago. Every bit of the story is handled with such tenderness and is perfectly woven together.

“You just hold your head high and keep those fists down. No matter what anybody says to you, don't you let 'em get your goat. Try fightin' with your head for a change."
-Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird


To Kill a Mockingbird reminds me that my life should be ruled by justice and love even when the world around me seems to be going in the opposite direction. With Harper Lee's next book, Go Set a Watchman coming out next month, I hope that Ms. Lee is able to touch my heart again.

“The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience"
-Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird


About this manicure:

2 coats Cult Nails Faded sponged with Cult Nails Blackout
Stamped with Cult Nails Fetish using MoYou London Festive 20, BM-409, and BM-607
Feather water decals from bornprettystore