Friday, August 14, 2015

Dogsbody by Diana Wynne Jones inspired

Pin It

I read Dogsbody by Diana Wynne Jones back in May. She also authored Howl's Moving Castle and a number of other entertaining young adult novels. Every one of her books that I've read is charming and magical. So far, Dogsbody is my favorite.





This was a heartbreaking, beautiful book that mostly focuses on the love between a girl and her dog, how they help each other, and how each one discovers where they belong. I read it to my daughter and she bawled at the end, partly because she loved it so much that she didn't want the story to be over.


Dogsbody tells the story of a star wrongly convicted of murder and sentenced to live out his days in the body of a dog on earth. While he attempts to prove his innocence, he becomes the pet of a young girl.


See the super pale green star and curves stamping on ring finger?
In case you're paying close attention, I realize that I haven't posted a manicure inspired by a book read in April. Don't worry, I still plan to do one, but got distracted by the desire to do this mani.



About this manicure:

I used some of the polishes from the August Awesome Sauce Indie Box:  Exotic Destinations, and they are all lovely!

2 coats Lavish Polish Key to Paradise gently swiping 2 coats of Ever After Waianapanapa to the tips of thumbs and pinkies. Very pale stamping with Mentality Opaque Green and tried to stamp with Vapid Garota de Ipanema, but the stamping was too pale, so used a dotting tool over the paw prints and hearts
Stamped with Pueen75, BM-424, and MoYou London Festive 20.
Moon and stars water decals from bornprettystore